As we all are aware of the delivery punctuality of the United States Postal Service (USPS) that they deliver all the package on time to the given time. Sometimes it happens that when post carrier comes for the delivery there is no one to receive the package then post carrier has two options to do firstly, he can leave the package in mailbox or in a safer place next option i.e. the second option is that take the package back to post office and try to deliver it on the next business day but the first option is possible when signature is waived off has been requested.
It is the duty of the USPS post carrier to take the signature of the of the recipient at the time of the delivery that is called “USPS Signature Required”. Mail sender may be requested to the post carrier to take the signature of the recipient for the confirmation of the delivery of the package.
- Mail sender or mailer has to inform the USPS to take the signature of the recipient of the package at the time of the delivery.
- Mail sender will get the signature image if he/she has asked for the confirmation of the signature.
- Items which include the priority mail express they can be left at the door step without any signature but in one case that “signature box” has not been required.
Services that is included in Signature:
- Signature is needed when you buy or purchase an additional insurance or Priority Mail Express Priority Mail Express Collect on Delivery.
- Delivery Restricted Delivery collected by Priority Mail Express
- Priority Mail Express with additional insurance.
- Priority Mail Express Collect on Delivery.
If your package status is shown in USPS database that they are delivered then your insurance claim is void.